Mid-Month Reading Update #11

Hello and happy 15th! Can you believe?! We're already halfway through January and I have not been productive... *cries.* I hope every...

Hello and happy 15th! Can you believe?! We're already halfway through January and I have not been productive... *cries.* I hope everyone has been having a better 15 days than me. Many things happening in my life and things to read so I hope you all enjoy this update post!

---

Shallow Graves

Author: Kali Wallace
Pages: 368
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: January 26th 2016
For fans of Holly Black and Nova Ren Suma, a gripping, hauntingly atmospheric novel about murder, revenge, and a world where monsters—human and otherwise—lurk at the fringes. When seventeen-year-old Breezy Lin wakes up in a shallow grave one year after her death, she doesn’t remember who killed her or why. All she knows is that she’s somehow conscious—and not only that, she’s able to sense who around her is hiding a murderous past. In life, Breezy was always drawn to the elegance of the universe and the mystery of the stars. Now she must set out to find answers and discover what is to become of her in the gritty, dangerous world to which she now belongs—where killers hide in plain sight and a sinister cult is hunting for strange creatures like her. What she finds is at once empowering, redemptive, and dangerous. Tense, complex, and wholly engaging, Shallow Graves is a stunning first novel from Kali Wallace.

---

What I Have Read...

  • Illuminae
  • Inherit the Stars 
  • Winter
  • Dare to Dream
  • Underwater
  • Shallow Graves
  • Just Visiting 
  • The Dream Thieves 
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger (New!)
  • This Shattered World (New!)
Okay, so maybe the reading progress isn't going too well this month. There are so many books I want to get to and so little time! I definitely bombed it because I had a whole week of winter break this month and I literally got one book read. Yeah....it hasn't been very good lately. But! I am going to try my best to read as much as possible and hopefully by the end of this day (Friday) I have a book almost finished...

---

Several things are happening today actually! Yep, Friday the 15th is a pretty busy and eventful day. Well, I start my morning by getting my braces off! After two years now they are finally coming off. I'm scared and excited to get them off because they have really been an experience for me. Can't wait to see what my teeth look like without them...

Another thing that is happening a math test and presentation. Yep, fun. But a few hours after I take the test and do my presentation, I am going to be attending an Alexandra Bracken and Susan Dennard signing! I am super excited to be meeting them...even if I have not read their books...
(Image Source)
BUT, now that I have their books, I won't have an excuse to not read their books so I will hopefully be getting to those within the year! I am also super excited to be meeting other bloggers at the event. If you want all the deets on it, an event recap will be up around next week so do look out for that! (And also....a giveaway)

I feel like this is always the case but ever since school has started, I have been really unproductive and sleepy. I can't even go through a whole school day now without dozing off at least once. (Actually fell into a pretty deep sleep a few days ago in my math class. Teacher sprayed my face with her spray bottle.) It's been pretty crappy and this year is not starting off on its right foot. I haven't even updated my 100 days of productivity! UGH *facepalm*

I finished my first book! It was actually my NaNoWriMo project but I have finally finished it at 40k words... Yeah. I am currently in the process of editing it and because it is part of a project I am doing for school, I need to turn it in soon. (It was actually due about a month ago and the teacher has already started grading the other stories!)

So, TV land is going to be big this month. With Shadowhunters recently being released and all my shows coming back, it's an exciting month! I've only seen the first episode of Shadowhunters and my thoughts on it: Eh. I know that it's only the first episode but there is so much room for improvement for it. Been hearing that episode two is a bit better so I am looking forward to seeing that improvement.

Also, one more thing I would like to address: If you have not heard, the actor for Snape, Alan Rickman, died yesterday and I am so sad to be saying that. He is truly an acting legend and I have always admired his great performance for Snape's part. He will forever be remembered. 

So tell me: How is your month going so far? Read anything good?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top