Let's Talk!: Forged by Erin Bowman

Forged Author: Erin Bowman Pages: 384 Published by: HarperTeen Published on: April 14th 2015 The time has come to make a stand. ...

Forged

Author: Erin Bowman
Pages: 384
Published by: HarperTeen
Published on: April 14th 2015
The time has come to make a stand. Gray Weathersby and his group of rebels are determined to bring down the Franconian Order. But they may be too late. The Order is closer than ever to its ultimate goal—building an unstoppable army—and every generation of Forgeries is more sophisticated, harder to detect, and deadlier than the one before. Now the rebels have joined forces with new allies, the Expats. But when even the most familiar faces can’t be trusted, Gray will have to tread carefully if he wants to succeed—or survive. 

---

Ahhhhhh Forged! Where do I even begin? This book was great. It had great action, great characters, a great way to end off the trilogy, and brought back so much nostalgia. I loved it and already miss this trilogy. Seriously, I was so sad to get to the last 30 pages. It's just, I'm not ready to leave yet. Believe it or not, I almost resorted to fan fiction. So with that, if you want a great dystopian trilogy to marathon, definitely pick this one up.

Since this book is a sequel, I recognized a majority of the characters. There were a handful of new characters introduced though. What is really sad is that the last book I read from the trilogy was about 7 months ago and I couldn't not remember half the re-occurring characters. Grey, our protagonist, has grown so much from when he was still living in Claysoot. He has turned into a fighter, someone who values life much more, and less vulnerable. He has dealed with loss, pain, betrayal, and just so much more that has really shaped him into the person he is now. The character development he went through since Taken is so significant, this is an example of what character development is supposed to look like. 

The amount of action that took place was entertaining and heart breaking. What dystopian novel ends without agonizing deaths!? (Not this one, in case you are wondering) Forged starts off with Grey already complaining about the lack of action going on. Within the first three chapters, everyone is already out on an adventure! As the book progresses the action and adventures get so interesting. Erin's writing just gets better and better. By the time the climatic part came, I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat because of how engaged I was into the book. Hah, you think Erin can't surprise you enough?

Image Source
I finished reading the book and all I couldn't think was "Was I really that stupid enough to think that once I reached the climax, the surprises would stop?" I never got bored with this book because there was always something to want to know more about. That's what kept me reading and continue to be thinking about Forged after I finished it. Plot and action was great, just great. The ending was also great too! Endings of series are normally very bittersweet and this one was definitely one of them. It wrapped up the trilogy greatly and left no loose ends. (Except I still had withdrawals...) So going to miss reading this trilogy.

I have this book 5 stars because I loved everything about it. The plot, action, characters, everything.
 

Where to begin, where to begin? How about we start with the deaths that occurred in this book. Damn, they were the saddest things every. Like, ERIN WHY? She killed off Blaine AND Clipper. I was already so sad Blaine died but now, Clipper?! This guy was only a few years apart from me and I cannot imagine myself dying. Then Blaine. Oh, Blaine. So unfortunate Grey and Blaine got into a fight that night. *sighs* At least his death was completely painless. I mean I guess there was a moment before Forged Grey pulled the trigger and Blaine could have felt confused and saw his life flash before him. *breathes* Painless, quick and painless. Still sad he died though.

Even though Clipper and Blaine's death was super sad, Frank's death was epic! I swear, this is probably one of the only times I will like Emma. She threw him off that building like she was defenestrating a bucket of water; It was just so epic. Plus how Frank was pushing Grey over the edge before Emma shot her, I was literally on the verge of screaming. Damn, this part was super climactic. OH! And, Bree was hurt, who which we didn't know was on the verge at the time. (That got me so scared! How they brought her back to be treated and I was freaking out hoping Erin didn't plan to kill her as well.)

So the actual ending: was great. How Bree and Grey both returned to their original cities. We start this trilogy in Claysoot, we end it off somewhere reality close. It was so great how the towns people were double taking when Grey just appeared. SO GREAT. LOVE THE ENDING. AND OMG BREE AND GREY ARE FINALLY TOGETHER. The first night they got together and did *whispers* it, this book was so complete. HAHA, I knew Erin couldn't end this book without making sure Bree and Grey got together. It was so cute how Bree was so worried about him. Then when they finally got together again how Bree had a Forgery. (Which was super scary) I think that was one of my favorite parts. When Grey realizes that the girl he is with is actually a Forgery. There is just something I love about that part.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top