Let's Talk!: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Isla and the Happily Ever After Author: Stephanie Perkins Pages: 339 Published by: Dutton Published on: August 14th 2014 L...

Isla and the Happily Ever After

Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 339
Published by: Dutton
Published on: August 14th 2014
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last? Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.

---

Oh man! So, the time has come! I have officially finished the Anna and the French Kiss (this trilogy really needs a new name) trilogy and I am so sad to be leaving all this cuteness! Stephanie always does a great job with the writing and describing Paris in such great ways. Of course, Anna did a lot of that because most of the book took place in Paris. The romance is just adorable and I really enjoyed the characters in this book. It was really nice to be back in SOAP (School of America in Paris) again as well. If you are up for a cute romance contemporary, definitely got for the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy.

Isla and the Happily Ever After takes place back in Paris (some of it is in New York) and I loved being back in Paris. (Story wise) Anyway, this story is just basically about a young couple falling in love and dealing with the stuff a normal relationship goes through. The thought of college, family, and just change in all. I though the challenges they faced were a pretty accurate portrayal of what people normally faced.

I liked Isla. She is definitely the most different from Lola and Anna. She is quiet, shy, and very unconfident. Plus, it took awhile for Isla to really trust Josh in their relationship and even after it got pretty serious she had a bit of doubt in Josh and his feelings for Rashmi, I have to admit, she bugged me just a tad bit but I still really like her.

Josh is the person we remember him to be. Still very attracted to art, adventurous, and still skipping class. I really liked learning more about him because we barely got to know him in Anna. He is just such a fun person to be around and I loved that. Of course, in order to have fun you must break rules but that is what makes things fun sometimes. Josh really brought Isla out of his shell and makes her more carefree.

This plot was probably the cutest. There was no love triangle or anything getting in the way; it was just a nice relationship. We got to see the first kiss and falling in love and it was all a very a very blissful and best of all, none of the characters were already in a relationship. That's what I really loved about this book and how different it is from Anna and Lola-it was simple. There was no other person or complications for a great period of time and I loved reading them be in such a great bliss. I just loved reading about their story, the ups and downs, and their cuteness.

I gave this book this book 4.5 stars because I really enjoyed all of this book but I did have small problems with the protagonist. 

First of all, Isla breaking up with Josh was  really sudden. I felt like Josh in that moment when I read that part. Sad, confused, and a bit upset. Isla thinking that Josh didn't want her forever very much messed with me. That is where it kind of bugged me because she has been with him for x amount of months now and yet she still has no trust in him. She was still unconfident in her relationship. I don't have anything agindt unconfident people but Isla's unconfidence kind of bugged me.
Just a thought: Loved the get together of all the characters. It was just perfect!

HOLY FRICK He proposed!! St Clair proposed and I was just so damn happy when that happened. I ship Anna and St Clair so badly and then proposing is just so so so so so great. (I want a novella, written in Anna's perspective, about St Clair's proposal. Thank you) Loved it loved it loved it. I think the fact that he proposed on top of the Notre Dame really made it ten times more romantic. Like they first got together there and now are confirming their marriage their, ahhh! If they got married on top of that building...*flips shit*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top