Let's Talk!: The Treatment by Suzanne Young

The Treatment Author: Suzanne Young Pages: 368 Published by: Simon Pulse Published on: April 29th 2014 Can Sloane and James su...

The Treatment

Author: Suzanne Young
Pages: 368
Published by: Simon Pulse
Published on: April 29th 2014
Can Sloane and James survive the lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end? Find out in this sequel to The Program, which Publishers Weekly called “chilling and suspenseful.” How do you stop an epidemic? Sloane and James are on the run after barely surviving the suicide epidemic and The Program. But they’re not out of danger. Huge pieces of their memories are still missing, and although Sloane and James have found their way back to each other, The Program isn’t ready to let them go. Escaping with a group of troubled rebels, Sloane and James will have to figure out who they can trust, and how to take down The Program. But for as far as they’ve come, there’s still a lot Sloane and James can’t remember. The key to unlocking their past lies with the Treatment—a pill that can bring back forgotten memories, but at a high cost. And there’s only one dose. Ultimately when the stakes are at their highest, can Sloane and James survive the many lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end?

~

I love this duology. I love how fast it goes by and how there isn't much going but I was still captivated. I loved all the new characters Young introduced and with the events in this book, The Treatment ended up being so enjoyable. The ending tied up Sloane's story in such a great way and it felt so satisfying. All the unanswered questions I had after finishing The Program were all answered here and that just left me feeling so satisfied with this duology. If you haven't read the Program and like reading dystopians, I highly recommend you get to it.

Sloane and James live in a world where suicide and depression is an epidemic. To stop the spreading of this epidemic, The Program takes people and "treats" them to make them better. Both Sloane and James have had their fair share of knowing people who were taken into The Program and have known people who commit suicide. What the Program does is takes away memories of the person that is causing this depression and this "helps" the person become a better, happier person.

One thing I really enjoyed about this book was how great the characters were. They were all so smart and sassy and great to read about. Sloane was still her smart and introverted self. I definitely missed James' confidence and how he is always teasing Sloane. The new characters we meet along the way of Sloane and James' story are pretty intriguing. It's interesting to see how the Program has affected people who have been in it and also people who haven't. They really made a huge difference in Sloane and James' survival because the new characters knew what they were doing and knew how much they needed to avoid the Program. Like I mentioned in my Program review, I really thought James and Sloane relied greatly on each other and it was nice to see that, after awhile, it had not changed. Because of the events in The Program, Sloane and James both developed a new opinion on The Program- for better for good I cannot tell you- but it really made their characters more interesting.

One thing that I really like about Young's writing and story was despite the fact that there wasn't a lot of action, I still wanted to keep reading. Because Sloane and James couldn't get caught by the Program that caused more tension within the book because if they were caught it would have been an immediate game over. Also, these books go by so fast. Not a lot happened within the 344 pages there was but that doesn't mean that The Treatment wasn't enjoyable. Sloane's thoughts on certain situations took up a lot of the book and I honestly had no problem with that. It was great to read about how Sloane was dealing with The Program and running from them. We also got to see flashbacks from Sloane's life before The Program and the flashbacks were so enjoyable to read. As we get further into the story and the plot starts to thicken, more and more is revealed about the Program.

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this book. I knew that Sloane and James were going to be running away from The Program but I didn't know if I could get a happy ending or not and I love that. That is what kept me reading. Speaking of the ending, I really really loved it. It tied up James and Sloane's story so well and just felt ready to leave this world and their story. (Ready but not very happy about it) We also find out how the Program originated, what The Treatment is, and what may happen in the future with the epidemic, the Program, and the society. A lot of the questions I had from reading The Program were answered because of that. This plot kept me so captivated to the book and just loved it. Great sequel to The Program and a great book to end off this duology.

If you haven't read The Program yet definitely start this duology. It makes you laugh, cry, puts you in a state of shock, and just gives you that warm happy feeling. I definitely recommend it for dystopian lovers.

I gave this book 5 stars because I loved EVERYTHING. :)


I still don't like Realm. I don't think I ever will. He is just such an anay-hole. Like I don't get him! If he truly loved Sloane then maybe he wouldn't cause so much stuff going on with James! I get it, he "loves" her and wants to be with her but if he actually did love Sloane then maybe he would have actually had some respect for her relationship and decisions! I am so glad we finally got rid of them and James and Sloane can live happily ever after- Realm-less. Never liked him, never will. Plus, he is a liar, Just can't stand him.

I am really satisfied with this ending. It came really fast and all ended so quickly and I just sat in my chair thinking about it when it all ended. The Program is now gone, Douche bad Roger is in jail, and Jame and Sloane got their happy ending; it was all really great to read about. I always wondered what would have happened if Sloane and James didn't both go through the Program and now that I think of it, would they be just as happy as they are now or less happy? They have gone through so much together and seeing them both forget each other really just gave no hope to their relationship. I mean look at them now! He is teaching her how to swim -like old times- and she is laughing and care free. Dallas is in a very good state of mind as well; I am really satisfied with the fact that she is happy as well, back in her home town and everything. Really loved the ending to this book.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top