Interview with Angela Cook!

Hey everyone! Today, I have a very exciting interview for you today! She is the author of Into A Million Pieces , a story about a succubu...

Hey everyone! Today, I have a very exciting interview for you today! She is the author of Into A Million Pieces, a story about a succubus, twin sisters, and humiliation. (Basically!). I hope you enjoy the interview and make sure to check Angela out!

---

First off, thank you Angela for being here today! 
Thanks so much for having me!

So, your main character has a twin! Do you have a twin sister? Also, what was it like writing about twins?
Nope, I'm not a twin, but I have an older brother and a younger sister. The relationship between my main character and her twin, Jade, was pretty much based on the relationship I have with my siblings. Growing up, we probably fought more than we got along; even so, we were always extremely protective of one another. I remember my brother getting into a fight one time because someone was picking on me. And even though my younger sister got into some trouble during her teen years, I’d go off on anyone who said anything bad about her. That’s the kind of relationship I strived for with Allison and Jade. I wanted to show two sisters, who were as different as night and day but incredibly loyal to one another.

Now that have your first book out, what is some advice you would give to aspiring authors? Something you wish you have know about publishing a book before you published your first one?
My advice is to be realistic about what you want. Being a debut author, from a small press, you will not sell hundreds of copies on your release day. People will say, “Oh, I can’t wait to read your book!” but that rarely transpires into actual sales. Just be prepared. I think that was the biggest shock for me. I had a lot of writer friends, and I’d done a lot to get the word out about my book, but still, the sales were nowhere where I thought they’d be. Convincing strangers to buy a book written by an unknown from a small press is hard work!

Describe your antagonist in 3 words.
My antagonist isn't a person; it's a curse that has plagued the women of my main character's family for over a century. If I had to describe it using three words, I would say it's dark, dangerous, and determined!

What is one genre you hope to write about in the future?
In addition to YA paranormal romance, I also write YA contemporary romance, but I would love to try my hand at writing a YA thriller! Into a Million Pieces has a bit of a thriller vibe to it, and it was a part of the story that I really enjoyed writing. Coming up with unique and unexpected twists and turns can be a bit of a challenge, but I love it :)

---

Angela Cook

Angela V. Cook lives a very unexciting, but never boring, life with her husband and two children just outside of Detroit. Like most writers, she’s been making up stories for as long as she can remember and can’t imagine a life that doesn’t involve creating worlds. Angela loves to write novels for teens because it’s the best outlet for her sarcastic personality, immature sense of humor, and love of romantic firsts.

---

Into A Million Peices

Author: Angela Cook 
Pages: 206
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing, LLC
Release Date: January 27th 2015
Allison McKready is a succubus. So is her twin sister. But while Allison spends her summer break hiding in the library behind her Goth makeup, Jade fools around as often as she can. Allison can’t believe Jade would ignore their mother’s fatal example so recklessly, but concealing a cursed bloodline and its dangerous effects is far from Allison’s only problem. Mean girl Julie’s snob mob is determined to ruin her summer, and Aunt Sarah’s Bible thumping is getting louder. Only her new friend, Ren Fisher, offers safe haven from the chaos of her life. When one of Jade’s risky dates leads to humiliation and sudden tragedy, Allison reels, and Ren catches her. But as her feelings for him grow, so does her fear that she’ll hurt him—or worse—in an unguarded moment. The choice is coming—love him or save him—but Allison might not live to make it. One way or another, the curse will have its due. 

So tell me: Thoughts on this book?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top