Mid-Month Reading Update #8

Hey everyone! Welcome to October's Mid Month Reading Update! Been a slow reading month for me (BOO) but I definitely hope that improve...

Hey everyone! Welcome to October's Mid Month Reading Update! Been a slow reading month for me (BOO) but I definitely hope that improves as well continue our way through the week. Now, shall we get to the update?

---

Vengeance Road

Author: Erin Bowman
Pages: 336
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Release Date: September 1st 2015
Revenge is worth its weight in gold. When her father is murdered for a journal revealing the location of a hidden gold mine, eighteen-year-old Kate Thompson disguises herself as a boy and takes to the gritty plains looking for answers—and justice. What she finds are untrustworthy strangers, endless dust and heat, and a surprising band of allies, among them a young Apache girl and a pair of stubborn brothers who refuse to quit riding in her shadow. But as Kate gets closer to the secrets about her family, a startling truth becomes clear: some men will stop at nothing to get their hands on gold, and Kate’s quest for revenge may prove fatal. 

---

What I Have Read...

  • A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis 
  • Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith
  • Illuminae by Amie Spooner and Jay Kristoff
  • Joyride by Anna Banks 
  • Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
  • Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
  • Tracked by Jenny Martin
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 
  • Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman 
  • Fairest by Marissa Meyer (New!)
Talk about slow reading month! Was stuck on Dreamstrider for a whole week! (*cries*) I also intended to read Fairest last month but because it was such a small book, I decided to go ahead and read it. Took me two days, awesome read. Some books I am kind of okay and unsure I will get to is Joyride and Illuminae... Yeah Illuminae is going to be a pain to read on my phone so I may just want until I can read it in book form. Hoping to get to Queen of Shadows but that may be my last read because of how long it will take me! Again, really hoping this reading month get's better.

---

What's Been Happening?

Remember how I was kind of talking about my productivity levels being down? Yeah they're getting a bit better but still really unsatisfying to me. Le sighhh this really worries me for when I go to high school and become a lot more busier that now with five million things to manage. I shall embrace my last year of heaven before I fall into hell! *sarcastic laugh* 

I also finally organized and catalogued all my unread physical books! All the books I want to read in 2016 add up to around 30 (OOPS) and I have 10 books I want to read in 2015. Maybe we will get them all read? Who knows, I plan on doing NaNoWriMo so my November won't consist of too many books so I will have to rely on December to read all these books! (Oh yay...) 

Also, my shows are back! The Flash and Arrow both premiered last week and I am super excited to be watching these shows again! I am expecting a really good season out of both those shows so hopefully they satisfy my needs. Shadowhunters has also been doing a lot of promo and I can say, as someone who really wants this show to be close to the book, it ain't working out. But you know what, I am going to try to let it go and enjoy it for what it is. I can tell it's super different from both the book and movie so I am a bit scared but excited for this!

So tell me: How has your month been going? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top