Mockingjay Part 2 Movie Review

Spoilers! Please proceed with caution :) I really didn't want to go into this movie. A) Because I did not want this franchise to en...

Spoilers! Please proceed with caution :)

I really didn't want to go into this movie. A) Because I did not want this franchise to end. So well done and I loved the glorious time I had with it. B) If you have read the books you know what happens with the deaths and stuff.... (god, I am still heartbroken over them). I actually saw it twice, once with my friends and once with my cousins. I enjoyed the movie both times.

Post and I!
People actually didn't enjoy this movie as much as the others and I totally understand why that would happen. Catching Fire will always be my favorite movie but this movie was still pretty good. A bit slow because of the fact that they had to take half a book and kind of span it within two hours and I have to admit, there is not a lot that goes down in Mockingjay. I was definitely skeptical about this book being split into two. It wasn't a horrible idea but wasn't the best. If we wanted a great movie that was as close to the book as possible, then the only way to do that was to split the movie into two.

I love this franchise because of the fact that it is so true to the book. Yes they have definitely taken things out of the book in the movies but nevertheless, it still follows a very similar plot and story line.

Prim and Finnick's death were so quick in the book and that is the same with the movie. I mean both deaths are "Okay, important and loved character just died okay great you have three seconds to move on." LIKE IT WAS JUST SO QUICK I NEEDED A SECOND OR FIVE MILLION. I cried at both death scenes both times I watched it. Finnick's death hurt a little more because of the fact that he died saving his friends and without him, Katniss, Peeta, Gale, and the others would have definitely died. And he had just married Annie and had a kid I am just so done with death. Both these characters died helping people which is a good thing? (lol. what am i saying. they shouldn't have died.)

The epilogue was beautiful as well. It's such a change compared to the rest of the series. It's all bright and happy and calm and such a great environment for both Katniss and Peeta to be in it's beautiful. They have kids and the credits had the freaking "Deep In the Meadows" song I just:
(Image Source)
I totally cried when the credits rolled in the first time I saw it and was still in tears as I walked out of the theater. (The amount of weird looks I got....). It was just such a beautiful ending and even before the epilogue how we get to see Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live their life in peace and "like a Victor." God help me this movie was all water works.

Overall, I enjoyed it so much. Beautifully made and it was just beautiful. This franchise had a great run and I am so glad I got to experience. Would understand why one would not like this movie but I loved it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top