Waiting on Wednesday #43

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Breaking The Spine where we share upcoming releases that we are excited about! --- Scarle...

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Breaking The Spine where we share upcoming releases that we are excited about!

---

Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here

Author: Anna Breslaw
Pages: 288
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: April 19th 2016
Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online community of fanfiction writers, world-class nobody at Melville High. Her best (read: only) IRL friends are Avery, a painfully shy and annoyingly attractive bookworm, and Ruth, her pot-smoking, possibly insane seventy-three-year-old neighbor. When Scarlett’s beloved TV show is canceled and her longtime crush, Gideon, is sucked out of her orbit and into the dark and distant world of Populars, Scarlett turns to the fanfic message boards for comfort. This time, though, her subjects aren’t the swoon-worthy stars of her fave series—they’re the real-life kids from her high school. Scarlett never considers what might happen if they were to find out what she truly thinks about them...until a dramatic series of events exposes a very different reality than Scarlett's stories, forever transforming her approach to relationships—both online and off.

---

Why I'm Waiting...

You know what this book really reminds me of? Read it and Weep, which was a movie I didn't full watch, but I caught the gist of it. There are many aspects of this book that I am looking forward to. The fact that Scarlett writes stories about people at her school, which I am pretty excited for seeing as though I am someone who is a big person of stories (duh!) and fanfiction, which is a huge guilty pleasure for me. I will admit, I have always wanted to read more of books where it had more fangirl aspects. The only other books I have heard of where the main character does fandom like stuff is Fangirl and guess what? Yeah, I have yet to read that book...

Anyway, I am also really looking forward to Scarlett going through the events that are mentioned in the synopsis. Her TV show being canceled (that would be a nightmare for me), her crush no longer being in her reach, and the events that come out of writing fanfiction about people in her school. Also hoping I can somewhat relate to her in some ways because I do love books with fangirl aspects in them.

So tell me: What are your thoughts on this book and have you heard about it before?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top