The Readers Problem Tag!

Welcome to the Readers Problem Tag! This tag was created by About to Read  and I was tagged by no one! (As usual.) I hope you guys enjoy a...

Welcome to the Readers Problem Tag! This tag was created by About to Read and I was tagged by no one! (As usual.) I hope you guys enjoy and feel free to do this tag yourself. :)

---

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I usually determine what book to read next by what I'm in the mood to reading or how long the book is. I try to read 2 books a week and sometimes I may slack and take 5 days to read a book. Then I have to resort to a shorter book just to fulfil the two book per week thing. If there is no rush, then I will just go for what is the most convenient to me or what I'm in the mood for,

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
STOP READING IT. I don't care if I bought it or got it for review. Life is way too short to snail through a bad book. Maybe I will revisit it in the future but for now, it's going back to the shelf!

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
That depends. See I am a very lifeless person around Christmas time, or I can be the busiest. If I have time, binge reading will probably happen anyway. Whether I try to catch up on the challenge depends if I have time or not.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don't. I go through a period of rants, crying, exaggerating my dislike for it, and a lot of gagging. This is a series! If the stories are going to go together, so will the covers!

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I find someone. Come on! If everyone likes it, there has to be one person that doesn't. If I really cannot find someone that shares the same feelings with me, then I start having "debates" with people who do like the book.;)

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Uh try not to make a scene! The last thing I need is for someone to come up and ask,"Why are you crying?" and I have to answer with,"Book." Obviously this person will think I am insane and slowly walk away.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Ahhh this is the worst! Well, first I would indeed be panicking. Then I will try to find a review that mentions key events. After that, I will maybe I'll look through my reading a journal or my review of that book.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Lucky I don't have to encounter this problem too too much. It has happened to me a few times and they were pretty bad. None of my friends read as much as I do (Except for Rin!), so no one really asks me. Usually I just tell them in the first place I don't have the book or slowly start to ignore the question (<- May not be 100% effective!)

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Ugh I hate that. Either I watch a show, or read a book I love and will never get sick of. If it get's that bad, I stop reading until I feel like reading again.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Well, I prioritize books that are sequels. Then comes the books I want to read. If I want to read this pronto, it's getting pre-ordered. The books that get buyed later on are books I have already read ARCs on or book I can wait to read.

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Well, if you didn't know, about a year ago I posted a huge book haul and I still haven't read a few of those books. I think it just depends on how long it takes me to get it. Sometimes 1 week, sometimes 1 year.

---

I tag...

Rin @ Under Covers
Sam @ Book Rebels
Aimee, Marga, Zoe @ Deadly Darlings
You!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top