Seize the Tuesday #29

Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by Adi Alsaid and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’v...

Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by Adi Alsaid and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’ve seized the Tuesday, with a special focus on the particular book we're reading. We’ll post on as many Tuesdays as possible and share our posts online with the hashtag: #LetsAllGetLost. If you loved Let’s Get Lost then join the LGL Buddies on Facebook and help promote the book!

---

Undertow

Author: Michael Buckley
Pages: 384
Published by: HMH Books for Young Readers
Published on: May 5th 2015
Sixteen-year-old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s only hope of survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen. Action, suspense, and romance whirlpool dangerously in this cinematic saga, a blend of District 9 and The Outsiders. 

---

How am I Seizing the Tuesday?

Well, I finished it. In case you aren't aware, an extremely anticipated book came out today! P.S. I Still Love You! It's the sequel to To All the Boys I've Loved Before and I love it. To All the Boys was such a great read and I was super excited to find out about the sequel. (My copy actually came early! :D) I started yesterday and finished it today. It was pure book crack. (When a book is so addicting it's like being on crack...) I just couldn't put it down because, damn it was good. I am really hoping for a sequel because I just cannot get enough with Lara Jean's story. So now, I'm back to Undertow but those 24 hours I spent with this book..it was glorious.

So how can you Seize the Tuesday? Well go outside, learn something new, pamper yourself! Spread around this Seizing and enjoy the day! Or should I say…Seize? So tell me: How have you Seize the Tuesday?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top