Let's Talk!: The Love that Split the World by Emily Henry

The Love that Split the World Author: Emily Henry Pages: 396 Publisher: Razorbill Release Date: January 26th 2016 Natalie Cleary mu...

The Love that Split the World

Author: Emily Henry
Pages: 396
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: January 26th 2016
Natalie Cleary must risk her future and leap blindly into a vast unknown for the chance to build a new world with the boy she loves. Natalie’s last summer in her small Kentucky hometown is off to a magical start... until she starts seeing the “wrong things.” They’re just momentary glimpses at first—her front door is red instead of its usual green, there’s a pre-school where the garden store should be. But then her whole town disappears for hours, fading away into rolling hills and grazing buffalo, and Nat knows something isn’t right. That’s when she gets a visit from the kind but mysterious apparition she calls “Grandmother,” who tells her: “You have three months to save him.” The next night, under the stadium lights of the high school football field, she meets a beautiful boy named Beau, and it’s as if time just stops and nothing exists. Nothing, except Natalie and Beau. Emily Henry’s stunning debut novel is Friday Night Lights meets The Time Traveler’s Wife, and perfectly captures those bittersweet months after high school, when we dream not only of the future, but of all the roads and paths we’ve left untaken.

---

Ever since I read The Love that Split the World's synopsis, I knew it would going to be a fabulous read. It definitely did not disappoint, oh my lord this book was so good. I was really looking forward to meeting Natalie and Beau and also reading more about this "Grandmother" because she definitely seems like an interesting character. (Interesting she is!) I really enjoyed Emily's writing and how she built up the plot of this book and just kept me reading. If you like the mysterious contemporaries with the cutest relationships, do read The Love that Split the World because I really think you will like it.

I really enjoyed reading from Natalie. Partly because of the great writing but also because she has had a really interesting life and because she was pretty clueless of thingsssss (things I can't say because spoilers.) What I also really loved about her was how she stood up for herself, not in the "tell-me-how-to-live-my-life-one-more-time" way but she did not take shit that she did not want to go through.

I loooved the plot for this book. It constantly kept me on my toes but also had a great balance with the romance aspect. As we got to learn more about what is really going on with Grandmother and Beau, things got weirder, but I thought the whole concept was just really cool. Once everything became clear on why these things were happening, everything got better than it already was. I had to applaud Emily for coming up with such a cool idea for her book and how unique it is. Also of how she really made this book unpredictable. I made a prediction about things and they were proved wrong quickly, throwing me into reading where I was just going with it. Didn't know what was going to happen and didn't make any predictions.

I gave this book 5 stars because it was absolutely fabulous. The characters were great, the plot was awesome, and I especially enjoyed the writing.
There are so many things that made me want to scream OH MY GOD in this book, the ending being the biggest one. For one thing, all this rush of information just came at once. We finally figure out who Grandmother is, more on this concept of two worlds, and most of all, why there are two in the first place. It was the actual ending that just killed me. How Natalie stands in the way of the two cars so neither Beau or she would die and ugh as if that ending would have already killed them. THEN we have a page where she wakes up to (what I assume is) Beau and at the moment I just

(Image Source)
Such a beautiful and ending and I will forever freak with that kind of ending. Beautiful and the tears were just everywhere.

Matt's death was actually kind of surprising for me. I totally felt so bad for him (Okay, even though he was totally really pushy. He and Natalie could have been something so cute.) and I'm sad that he had died like he did. I really think it was a good idea to kind of lead the suspicion of Beau dying rather than Matt because it was actually something I didn't expect. This death was something we knew from the beginning and throughout the book, I was so scared it was going to Beau. Glad it wasn't him but sad to see Matt go.

Talking about Grandmother again, I actually found it really normal to the fact that she was just Natalie in the future. I mean, there are two worlds in this book, at that point I was not surprised by anything that wouldn't seem normal in this world. It's actually pretty interesting how Natalie is talking to her past self, trying to save Beau and thank god because it worked. I also really loved the stories she told. They were really interesting but always taught some sort of story and kind of related to the story.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top