Hollywood Witch Hunter
Publisher: Bloomsbury Spark
Release date: July 20th 2015
From the moment she first learned the truth about witches…she knew she was born to fight them. Now, at sixteen, Iris is the lone girl on the Witch Hunters Special Ops Team. But when Iris meets a boy named Arlo, he might just be the key to preventing an evil uprising in Southern California. Together they're ready to protect the human race at all costs. Because that's what witch hunters do. Welcome to Hollywood.
Balle Review: A quick review made of bullet points
I received this book from NetGalley from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My opinions are not altered by that.
- Iris: Loved Iris. She is such a snarky, badass, nobody-is-going-to-tell-me-shit kind of personality and I loved that. Brought the book some fun and sass! Plus she was so passionate about witch hunting, it wasn't a chore or something she dreaded to do.
- Plot: The plot in this book was so great and really set up the witch hunting world! Had the perfect about of action, world building, and plot development.
- Ending: I loved the ending! It marked a new chapter in Iris's life and definitely set up the next book for something very interesting. Excited for book 2!
- World: This witch hunting world is awesome! I love the cool gadgets hunters use and the history behind witches is pretty weird, in an awesome way.
- Rating: I have this book a 5 star rating because I loved all of it and really enjoyed it. :D
- Ending: Iris's mom being a witch was totally unexpected for me! Therefore, Iris being a witch just hit in the face then laughed as I tired to accept what happened. Iris being a witch will definitely make for an interesting story.
- The next book: I hope we get to learn more about Arlo and Iris's mom because that is some history I would love to find out more about. Also, can we please look at the fact that Arlo is like 60 or older?!
- Silos: Uhm, he better appear in the next book because he is honestly a character I would love to see more. Kind of ship him with Iris more than Arlo but we shall see what Valerie does with his character...